Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Tricking Baby Into Kisses (Totally Mean, Right?)



It's the middle of the night. I'm tired. I literally roll out of bed for the hundredth time.

I swear I just fed this baby not even fifteen minutes ago. Of has it been longer? Ugh, I don't know; I just want some sleep! I think to myself.

I pick my baby up and lay her to rest on my chest. Maybe she needs to burp again.

Nope.

As I stand there holding her sweet, tiny baby bottom, I can feel her head bopping around. Up then down, up then down. She was searching for food. And instead of thinking the normal thing I think at that time of night: "Great. Feeding time again," I just smile. A wonderful sense of joy woke me up.

Here I am, holding this tiny little bundle of cuteness against my chest. She tends to cuddle up against me just right to make me feel an overwhelming amount of love.

I turn my face towards hers to give her a kiss on the cheek. And she kisses me back!

Well, not really. She was just simply searching for food, still. Probably thinking "Are you ever going to feed me, mom?" However, with her mouth open and looking for her normal food bank, it was like a newborns version of a kiss.

Aha! A newborn baby can be tricked into kissing you back! I have made this wonderful discovery of basically tricking my baby into showing some affection. But at what cost? This mean mommy right here is more worried about fake kisses instead of, oh I don't know, feeding that hungry little tummy. How cruel.


But I just can't help it. Especially when my baby has such soft, chubby, kissable little cheeks.

I mean, I can't be the only one... right??


Have you noticed this neat little 'trick' yet? Or have you made some other cruel and guilty little mommy-pleasure discovery? I MUST know them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment